Monday, October 01, 2012

Tragedy on Broughton

All news reports indicate that there was a drag race in progress on  Saturday night on Broughton Avenue -- at speeds excedung 80 mph.  R. I. P. Christine Lembo.

I don't drive on Broughton every day, but I happened to have business in the area yesterday. I find myself driving much slower than on Broad even tho the speed limit is the same. There are so many side streets and kids playing on the sidewalks, it just seems appropriate to go closer to 20 on many occasions. Of course I'm frequently tailgated, but that's OK.

After a tragedy like this, I'm sure I'm not the first one to suggest that a couple of speed bumps might have saved a life. In fact someone posted on the Patch today that they've asked the town to do just that in the past. Was there any followup on that suggestion?

No comments: